Double Negative (or DNeg) is a British motion picture visual effects and computer animation company that was founded in 1998 in London. The company has received three Academy Awards for work on the films Inception, Interstellar, and Ex Machina. In addition, Double Negative has received several Visual Effects Society awards for films such as Inception, Sherlock Holmes, and Interstellar, as well as BAFTA awards for Inception, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 and Interstellar. Double Negative was responsible for the bulk of Special and visual effects featured in the 2018 film Pacific Rim: Uprising.
Double Negative is headquartered in Fitzrovia, London, with additional locations in Vancouver and Mumbai. The company was set up in 1998 with a team of 30 staff and has since grown to over 1,000 staff, making it Europe's largest provider of visual effects for film.
In 2009, Double Negative opened its Singapore office, and closed it in March 2016. Double Negative merged with Prime Focus World in 2014, a move which allowed Prime Focus to buy its way into the top tier of visual effects companies. The two companies announced the upcoming opening of a Mumbai branch following the merger.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Action heroes: Soho's VFX teams illustrated by Soho's VFX teams - Wired.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Double Negative Studios - About Us
- ↑ Double Negative - Contact Us
- ↑ Double Negative opens in Singapore
- ↑ Axapac.com
- ↑ Double Negative Singapore Statement
- ↑ Double Negative to Close Facility in Singapore
- ↑ Prime Focus World and Double Negative to Merge
- ↑ Double Negative Opens Branch in Dubai