- In the novelization of Pacific Rim, there is a Mark-1 Jaeger named "Tango Tasmania". However, when asked, screenwriter, Travis Beacham, stated that the Jaeger's name was not correct because the naming lexicon for Jaegers was designed to prevent repeating components in any Jaeger names.[note 1]
- According to defunct Pan Pacific Defense Corps. website, the Jaeger deployment graph states that five Mark-1 Jaegers were launched in 2015 instead of six. This is likely a result of Cherno Alpha's status being corrected from Mark-4 to Mark-1 by Travis Beacham.
- The addition of Tango Tasmania, the non-canon Jaeger from the novelization, would increase the number of Mark-1s to seven.
- According to Travis Beacham, the writers created twenty one named Jaegers. In Pacific Rim, Stacker Pentecost cites the Hong Kong Shatterdome could launch thirty Jaegers.[note 2] Travis Beacham clarified that the Hong Kong Shatterdome was not home to thirty Jaegers and more than twenty one Jaegers were built.[note 3]
Pacific Rim: Uprising
- The Jaeger names "Gipsy" Avenger, Obsidian "Fury", and "Saber" Athena contradict the established rules of the naming lexicon as there is a "Gipsy" Danger, Echo "Saber" and Matador "Fury".
- In Pacific Rim, Striker Eureka was the "first and last" Mark-5 produced by the Pan Pacific Defense Corps.[note 4] However, Pacific Rim: Uprising and the prequel novelization, Pacific Rim Uprising: Ascension, introduce the Mark-5 Jaegers Bracer Phoenix and Chronos Berserker.
- ↑ redroomspecial: "Can you tell us anything about Tango Tasmania?"
Travis Beacham: "I can tell you its name wasn’t Tango Tasmania. No name element repeats between any two Jaegers, and Tango is already in Coyote Tango."
- ↑ Stacker Pentecost: "This complex used to launch 30 Jaegers in five bays just like this one."
- ↑ Travis Beacham: "More than 21 were built. But it’s also word mentioning that Pentecost didn’t mean thirty Jaegers were stationed there. Hong Kong is the largest Shatterdome and a central maintenance facility. It *could* launch thirty Jaegers. It wasn’t home to thirty Jaegers."
- ↑ Stacker Pentecost: “Herc and his son, Chuck, will be running point using Striker Eureka. Faster Jaeger in the world. First and last of the Mark-5s. Australia decommissioned it a day before the Sydney attack.”
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.