The Jaeger Designer was an official app developed for the website panpacificrimmovie.com to promote the 2013 film Pacific Rim, directed by Guillermo del Toro. The website application was released on pacificrimmovie.com May 10, 2013. The site has since become defunct and is only accesible through web archives.
The Jaeger Designer website allowed users to create their own specialized Jaeger with up to four design options that included: Country, poster background, a personalized name. The physical condition of the Jaeger itself could also be customized (exampled oxidized, battle scarred, and weathered). Alongside the Jaeger Designer app, the website contains a virtual training session in the Pacific Rim: Jaeger Combat Simulator.
- MGS112 Recharging Energy Cell - This oversized power port holds unprecedented energy reserves and incendiary fuel, while acting as a strong visual decoy for kaiju seeking the Jaeger's head.
- Chest Conn-pod "Atmoscan" - Mounted at the heart of the torso frame, this unorthodox conn-pod location gives the Jaeger pilots one of the most secure cockpit environments a Jaeger pilot could ask for.
- Mk4 Heavy Armor Upper Arm - The heavy armor arm offers increased defense capability as well as improved stance for punching maneuvers
- Z14 Tesla Fist - This hammer-like fist holds a highly charged Tesla-cell
- Pendular Sockets - The upper hip pendular sockets offer stronger stance anchoring at the price of more sophisticated motor functions
- Mk4 Heavy Armor Lower Leg - This heavy duty leg offer increased stance and armor.
- Foot Spikes - No Description Available
- Hive-Visor Lens-Shield - This detachable head acts as the nerve center and cockpit for the Jaeger's pilot team. Features and escape pod, spinal plating for improved integrity and Hive-Visor Lens-Shield.
- Nuclear Vortex Turbine - The last Nuclear Vortex Turbine in the service of the PPDC. Though discontinued, the energy core was one of the most powerful nuclear combustion systems ever used in combat.
- Mk3 Light Armor Upper Arm - The Mk3 upper arm offers lightweight and layered armor plating for improved speed and defense capabilities.
- S-II Pulse Launcher - The S-II Pulse launcher fires an orb of pure darkmatter at its target. Successful strikes disrupt the molecular reality of Kaiju biology.
- I-19 Plasmacaster - This Particle Dispersal Cannon was one of the first energy casters deployed in the Kaiju conflict. Designed to simultaneously wound and cauterize the Kaiju anatomy.
- GD6 Chain Swords - This chain sword offers the Jaeger the close-range strike efficiency to slash and restrain the Kaiju predator from any angle.
- 98BD/Hyper-Torque Drivers - These "40 engine blocks per muscle strand" allow for increased locomotion.
- 08FS/Oceanic Cooling Vents - These activated carbon ports channel seawater through the circulatory cooling system to prevent overheating.
- Mk3 Armor-plated Foot - No Description Available
- 90ER11 Amber Platinum Visor Shield - This advanced photochromic visor is segmented into four distinct sections, offering greater situational awareness to the pilots within.
- T-16 Angel Wing - These giant back mounted fins enable the Jaeger to maintain balance during the turbulence of supercharged burst lunges and evasive maneuvers.
- WMB2x90 AKM Chest Launcher - This six barrel Anti-Kaiju missile launcher is based with an arsenal of 18 individual K-Stunner Warheads.
- Mk5 Stabilizing Upper Arm - These lightweaight curved arms offer increased flexibility and balance for burst combat.
- Assault Mount 3.25 "Sting-Blades" - With adjustable retractors, these formidable blades are laced with carbon nanotubes that channel thermal energy.
- Gravity Capacitors - Advanced Motion-Sensing stance adjustors allow for a much wider range of movement without compromising balance.
- Mk5 Lightweight Shin - This lightweight shin offers improved flexibility and balance during burst combat.
- Mk5 Lightweight Foot - No Description Available
The following posters below are examples of Jaegers designed by users who frequent or frequented the Pacific Rim Wiki during the height of Pacific Rim popularity from July 2013 to December 2013.
- Pacific Rim - Jaeger Designer -Warner Bros. (archive links)
- Pacific Rim - Jaeger Designer -Warner Bros. (original link)