- "An explosive game of Jaeger vs. Kaiju battles where you’ll fight with huge painted miniatures."
- "Pacific Rim: Extinction is a scenario-driven, tabletop miniatures strategy game of city-wide destruction and chaos of epic proportions, for two or more players. Join either the Pan Pacific Defence Corps or the invading Kaiju, and face off in a battle with the ultimate stake: extinction. Getting started in Pacific Rim: Extinction is easy; the core set contains everything you need to start playing, including painted ~ 75mm Gipsy Avenger and Shrikethorn miniatures, dice, cards, tokens, buildings, terrain, Hex Gauge measuring tool, poster mat, and more."
- —Official Description
Pacific Rim: Extinction was produced by River Horse, a Lenton-based company in England. Prior to Extinction, their tenth game produced, River Horse produced nine board games prior, including a board game for My Little Pony, and The Hunger Games.
The Pacific Rim: Extinction Kickstarter began in March 21, 2018. River Horse received over five hundred backers under two hours of announcing their campaign. March 20 and March 22, 2018, the YouTube multimedia account Geek and Sundry promoted Pacific Rim: Extinction.
March 30, 2018, the production of an official rule book for Extinction was announced. Pacific Rim: Extinction requested a sum of £35,000 and was funded with £182,978 by 1,290 backers in the span of twenty four days from March 12 to April 4, 2018.
- Pacific Rim: Extinction | Kickstarter.com
- Pacific Rim board game designed in Lenton set to go global after more than £150,000 raised online
- Pacific Rim: Extinction | kicktraq.com
- 'How To Play' Pacific Rim: Extinction, with Geek & Sundry
- ‘Game the Game’, Pacific Rim: Extinction with Geek & Sundry PLUS ‘all-in’ Pledge tomorrow!
- Pacific Rim: Extinction - The Rules