- "Welcome recruit. To the most advanced military force on Earth. The Pan Pacific Defense Corps."
- —Introductionary text
panpacificdefense.com was a viral marketing website dedicated to the promotion of the 2013 film Pacific Rim. The website was launched in April of 2013 and used as means early promotion of the film by Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros.. The website closed down between the years 2015 and 2016 and was replaced by gojaeger.com, a viral marketing website for Pacific Rim: Uprising.
panpacificdefense.com was designed to imitate that of a recruitment websites used by military organizations. Simulating the in-universe circumstances of Pacific Rim, the website asked visitors to "join" the Pan Pacific Defense Corps organization to combat the Kaiju.
The website was sectioned off into four parts: "Join PPDC" gives users a brief detailed history on the foundation of the Pan Pacific Defense Corps. and their mission statement with creation of the Jaeger Program[note 1] before urging users to take a pysche test in order to apply for a position within the organization.
"Crisis Map" was an animated section of the website that allowed users to interact with a map that detailed Kaiju attacks around the Pacific Rim[note 2] Additionally, certain sections of the animated map lead to PDF documents and high resolution blueprints of the central Jaegers (Coyote Tango, Crimson Typhoon, Striker Eureka and Gipsy Danger) featured in the film.
The "Training Academy" allowed users to "enroll" in the training facility of the PPDC and "test their skills" in a simulated arena.[note 3] The website quizzes the user with ten questions with limited time to answer. Once all ten questions are answered, the website provided the user with a rank and assignment. The following assignments a user could get were, Jaeger Academy for Recruitment and Training, K-Science for Kaiju Detection and Analysis, J-Tech for Jaeger Systems and Robotics, and Strike Groups for Deployment and Combat.
The "Shatterdome" was an interactive section of the website that provided visitors brief information on the Shatterdome itself[note 4] as well as provide information on nine pilots of the four Jaegers, the functions, Mark status, and weapons of the Jaegers themselves.
- The panpacificdefense website was designed by AvatarLabs.
- ↑ "Founded in 2014, The Pan Pacific Defense Corps represents an international alliance of 21 nations across the Pacific Rim, bound together by the shared goal of containing, combating and eliminating the Kaiju threat. The future of the human race depends on citizens like you. Take the Pysche test now and apply for a position within the PPDC."
- ↑ "Stay up to date with the latest Kaiju attacks. The Crisis Map provides details of all Kaiju breaches. Keep watch of the map for your safety, as well as the safety of those around you."
- ↑ "Enroll in the PPDC Training Academy to test your skills against our simulations. Do you have what it takes to become a Jaeger Pilot?"
- ↑ "Tour the Shatterdome to learn about the PPDC Headquarters and the brave souls who keep us safe. Visit the K-Science Laboratory to see Kaiju up close. The Kwoon Combat Room, where our pilots hone their fighting skills and study the history of the Kaiju War in Loccent Mission Control."
- ↑ Pan Pacific Defense.com
- ↑ Join The Pan Pacific Defense Corps And Help Defend Our World From The Kaiju Threat
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 PACIFIC RIM Pan Pacific Defense Corps Website Launched
- ↑ Join the Pan Pacific Defense Corps!
- ↑ Legendary Pictures @Legendary - May 6, 2013
- ↑ Thread: PACIFIC RIM Trailer View Single Post
- ↑ AvatarLabs - Pan Pacific Defense Corps Website